Sunday, 24 February 2013
Five tips for hill running
So here are five tips for getting it right:
1) Run in the cylinder: take small steps within the shape of your body. Avoid striding and putting pressure on the body.
2) It's a mental game: Tell yourself it's flat and grind your way up. Don't imagine the hill, imagine the flat!!
3) Counting counts: Look at the top. Think what number you would get to by slow counting to the top. Halve it and then count up and then down. You will keep going until zero, no problem.
4) Four wheel drive: Use the arms as well as legs. It's time for the power muscles: thighs and shoulders.
5) Kill the hill: Take it on and feel the victory when you reach the top.