Sunday, 24 February 2013
So here are five tips for getting it right:
1) Run in the cylinder: take small steps within the shape of your body. Avoid striding and putting pressure on the body.
2) It's a mental game: Tell yourself it's flat and grind your way up. Don't imagine the hill, imagine the flat!!
3) Counting counts: Look at the top. Think what number you would get to by slow counting to the top. Halve it and then count up and then down. You will keep going until zero, no problem.
4) Four wheel drive: Use the arms as well as legs. It's time for the power muscles: thighs and shoulders.
5) Kill the hill: Take it on and feel the victory when you reach the top.
Sunday, 3 February 2013
Just a few days before the event we heard the news that Peter Beardsley, the legend from days gone by, was going to start our run. He was an amazing host. He thrilled the youngsters with a run round the stadium, he gave a pep talk to all the running team and he did it all with a wonderful attitude. It is moments like this that make you ready to give your all to charity. As Peter himself said: "You are doing all the hard work, all I've had to do is leave my office for an hour". What a great hour!!
Follow the story of last year's run for the next four weeks on Facebook...